Dementia Care Specialist to the Rescue
As older adults are living longer, there is a greater likelihood that they will develop a form of Alzheimer’s dementia. The biggest risk factor for developing a form of dementia is aging. In fact, 20% of 60 year olds have dementia and that rises to 45% by age 85. https://www.alz.org/facts/
This disease requires the need to have others involved to monitor and to assure the individual’s health, safety, and involvement in activities. Family and friends who live close by or long-distance may offer assistance, but with the best intentions, there is a tipping point when this is no longer effective.
You know when you have reached a tipping point if the following has occurred:
- There is a lack of the necessary understanding or skills to meet the dementia care needs
- Care needs have increased in frequency and demand
- There is a lack of time available to meet caregiving responsibilities
- There is a lack of information and support from family members to make needed decisions
- An increase in exhaustion and stress that prevents meeting the challenges of an individual with Alzheimer’s dementia
Should I Hire A Dementia Specialist?
Once any of the above mentioned occurs, it is time to hire a dementia specialist as a professional advisor who is trained to:
- Assess the needs of the individual with Alzheimer’s dementia
- Develop an individualized care plan based upon specific strategies enabling caregivers to render effective compassionate care
- Educate the caregiver on effective practices of dementia care at all stages of dementia
- Help with decisions making
- Assist with short and long-range planning
- Monitor and supervise care
- Connect caregivers with programs, services, and network of professionals
It is common for families not to know what to do, what the available options are, and what resources are available. As a dementia care specialist, I offer tips and strategies to engage individuals with Alzheimer’s Dementia. I help caregivers identify triggers that can cause agitation and offer solutions to combat resistance to care. My first-hand knowledge of resources in the area such as daycare, home care services; respite care, and memory care facilities saves families time and effort. I am committed to helping families find solutions.
When you need my services to contact me at: http://www.viviangreenkorner.com